The Zone (Downderry Methodist Church)
Bookings Secretary: Viv Parker (tel: 01503-250519, email: email@example.com)
- Large hall and smaller room with interconnecting door
- 30 easy chairs
- c. 40 polypropylene chairs
- Folding tables
- Wifi & interactive screen
- 2 toilets; one disabled
- Electricity & heating included in hire charge
- Small back garden with seating
Downderry & Seaton Village Hall
To book the Village Hall, either complete the online booking form or telephone the Bookings Secretary, Mandy Smith, on 01503-250412 to request a paper copy of the booking form.
The main hall is accessed via a ramp to the front door and is on one level. It has a wooden floor, a versatile stage that can be configured to various heights and sizes and lights and sound for theatre productions.
It has toilets, wall-mounted heaters and is dog friendly. This makes it suitable for most types of events and social occasions such as birthday parties, wedding receptions etc.
The hall is 13 x 6.5 metres and has a maximum seating capacity of 90 in a theatre-style layout or standing with no tables or chairs for 110. For a café-style layout for events such as weddings, we can comfortably seat 70, normally 10 people per table. However, this may be less depending on the stage configuration required for the event.
The kitchen meets current Food Hygiene standards for light refreshments, minor food preparations & cooking, with hot meals mainly prepared off-premises.
The hall is available for hire every day and evening. To check availability, go to the Calendar.
- Hall: £10 per hour and must include the time needed to set up and clear away. This cost includes the use of table, chairs, kitchen utensils and tea- and coffee-making facilities, for the serving of light refreshments such as tea, coffee, sandwiches, etc.
- Kitchen: £5 per morning, afternoon or evening session to use the ovens, hobs and dishwasher.
- Heating: Wall-mounted heaters operated by a coin meter which takes £1 and £2 coins.
- Tables: Large table £2.50 per day and small £1.50 per day when used away from the Hall.
- Cost of hiring other equipment is available on request.
Note: The Village Hall has licences for live and recorded music, dancing and the serving and selling of alcohol at events.
Hessenford Church Hall
Tables and chairs
Electric heating (meter)
Outdoor green space
Bookings and insurance
£12 for a morning, afternoon or evening session with sensible reductions for short periods.
The Hall, like the Church, is properly insured by Ecclesiastical and this includes personal accident insurance providing bookings are regulated and approved by the PCC; to make sure that the activities are covered by the policy. This is why we have a simple online booking system to keep track of everything that is going on.
If you wish to use the Hall for something that is not normally recognised, you will be advised to take out your own insurance cover.